In recognition of the significant contribution made to the University of Melbourne by international students and the University’s commitment to equity and diversity, the University is proud to award undergraduate scholarships to international students commencing study in an undergraduate degree.
Know about the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is a leading research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is the oldest university in Victoria and second oldest in Australia.
The University of Melbourne (UNIMELB) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
University of Melbourne Ranking
The University of Melbourne Ranking high global rankings shows its excellence in education. The school ranks 33rd position globally by the Times Higher Education and 41st by QS World Rankings.
It’s graduate employability ranking is 11th globally which shows the readiness of its students to work immediately after graduation.
The school is not just outstanding in its rankings but also in the success of its alumni.
It is also associated with up to nine Nobel Laureates in its alumni and faculty which is the highest of all university’s Nobel Laureates.
University of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
The University of Melbourne is offering undergraduate scholarships for international students.
The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population. You do not need to submit an application for this scholarship.
All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
The scholarship is available for undergraduates who are currently pursuing any of the courses offered in the University of Melbourne
The Melbourne university scholarships are taken and hosted in the University of Melbourne, Australia If you are an international student and you desire to study in Australia, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Australia
Melbourne university scholarships covers:
- 50% fee Remission scholarships
a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate degree, does not cover an honors year and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- 100% fee Remission scholarships
a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate degree, does not cover an honors year, and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- $10,000 fee Remission scholarships
A one-off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree, does not cover an honors year, and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
University of Melbourne International Scholarships is open to International students (other than Australia and New Zealand).
The number of offers for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships is 50. Its selection criteria are strictly based on merit.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be considered for this offer, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- Ensure you receive an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- You have achieved excellent final year school results, such as 4 A-grades in the GCE A-Levels an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program, overall 98% in an approved Foundation program an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- You must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
Scholarship Application Procedures
- There is no separate application for the scholarship program.
- Once you submit a course application, you will automatically be considered and ranked against other international applicants on the basis of academic merit.
- Scholarship Application due date: All eligible students who have submitted a course application by the deadlines i.e. late December and 31 May will automatically be considered and ranked against other international applicants on the basis of academic merit.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region.
There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round:
- November, December, and January for a student starting in Semester 1 or 2
- April and May for students starting in Semester 2
If your application is successful, you will receive an email notification within two weeks of the selection round being held.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
- It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The deadline for the scholarship is 31 May in the academic year