On this page, we will be discussing trade schools in colorado. So if you want to study in colorado trade schools, we have compiled the best school for trades in that region.
The information gathered here is meant to help those who want to learn a new trade decide what school is best for them.
The compilation provides general information (tuition costs, enrollment requirements, contact details, etc.) about some of the top 10 schools in Colorado.
The institutions presented in this list offer high-quality training that prepares students for various in-demand industries, such as:
- Automotive Industry
- Medical Care
- and more
Best Trade Schools In Colorado
1. BARTENDING SCHOOL OF DENVER
The Bartending School of Denver offers a state of the art facility and an up to date curriculum that will prepare students to step into a career as a bartender.
The training course can be completed in 1 week, 2 weeks or 2 weekends.
Students have the option to take the class remotely or in person.
The school offers classes from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 2-6 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Weekend classes run from 10 a.m. -6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Students also have the option to learn in the comfort of their home and then come to the Lab ready to implement the skills needed to be a professional bartender.
Enrollment. In order to attend the bartending class, you have to be over 18 years of age. Applicants can enroll online.
Fees. The training fees vary between $50 and $199, depending on the type of class chosen.
A supplies package can also be purchased for $80.
- Bartending 101 “In Person”
- Off Site Bartending Class
- Bartending 101 Online Only
- The bartending school is located at 2836 W 44th Ave, Denver, CO 80211
- Phone: 303-500-8672
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://bartendingschoolofdenver.com
2. COLORADO SCHOOL OF TRADES
Colorado School of Trades is committed to educating quality, entry-level individuals in the field of gunsmithing.
As the nation’s largest gunsmithing school, the school offers a training program that teaches the skills necessary for students to become entry-level Gunsmiths with an Associate of Occupational Studies degree in Gunsmithing.
The school has developed a system based on hands-on, project-oriented, customer provided training.
Enrollment. Applicants must be 18 years or older, be a US citizen or permanent resident alien.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED and pass a background check.
Prospective students must also write an essay on “Why I Chose to Become a Gunsmith”.
Applicants must also be physically and mentally capable of performing projects and classwork required for graduation.
Fees. Tuition is $25,500.
The Colorado School of Trades participates in the PELL Grant and Direct Lending Programs. The Colorado school is also approved for Veterans’ Assistance Programs.
- Basic Course G101
- Machine Shop
- Design+Function I
- Design + Function II
- The school is located at 1575 Hoyt St., Lakewood, CO 80215
- Phone: (303) 233-4697 ext. 11
- Website: https://schooloftrades.edu
3. INTELLITEC COLLEGE
The IntelliTec College Grand Junction campus gives students the skills needed to succeed in some of the most in-demand industries.
The College was established in 1985.
The hands-on programs are designed to teach students the most practical skills to get them ready for a career in as short a time as possible.
Enrollment. Applicants need a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Every student must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Depending on the program, some students may be asked to provide documentation of vaccinations.
IntelliTec College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Fees. Total tuition fees are between $995 and 33,330, depending on the program and the campus chosen.
Various scholarships and government funding, such as grants, loans and work-study programs are available to students.
- Automotive Technician
- Computer Systems Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Refrigeration and HVAC Technician
- Albuquerque Campus: 5001 Montgomery Blvd, NE, Suite A24, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109
- Phone: (505) 508-5225
- Grand Junction Campus: 772 Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506
- Phone: (970) 245-8101
- Colorado Springs Campus: 2315 East Pikes Peak Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Phone: (719) 632-7626
- Pueblo Campus: 3673 Parker Blvd., Pueblo, CO 81008
- Phone: (719) 542-3181
- Website: https://intellitec.edu
4. INDEPENDENT ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS
The Independent Electrical Contractors offers a four-year Apprenticeship Training Program that will equip the prospective student with the skills and knowledge necessary to have a successful career in the electrical construction trade.
The program is approved by the U. S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training.
Students can attend school one night per week.
During their apprenticeship, students receive hands-on training meant to prepare them for the Journeyman’s License Exam.
Students attend class one night a week for 4 hours. Each semester has 18 weeks and each academic year has two semesters.
Graduates of the IEC apprentice program receive 42 hours of college credit through the Emily Griffith Opportunity School. These credits are transferable to most colleges or universities in Colorado.
Enrollment. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The apprentice must be physically capable of performing the various tasks that are required of a journeyman electrician.
Fees. Tuition is $610 per semester for IEC members and $1025 per semester for non-members. The costs for curriculum and kit are $475 for IEC members and $550 for non-members.
Military veterans may use their VA benefits while enrolled in the apprenticeship program.
- IEC Southern Colorado Chapter, 2345 North Academy Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Phone: (719)596-3688
- Website: http://www.iecscc.org
5. EMILY GRIFFITH TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Emily Griffith Technical College has nearly 100 years of training students how to weld, fix cars and repair heating and cooling systems on a city block in downtown Denver.
In 2015 the College opened a new facility in Denver to teach programs in the College of Trades, Industry and Professional Studies.
Each career training program meets industry education standards set forth by various professional organizations.
The Emily Griffith Foundation is establishing a dedicated scholarship for eligible community residents who want to pursue a career training certificate at Emily Griffith Technical College.
Enrollment. Applicants need a state ID or Driver’s License.
Applicants who are under 23 and have been not married for a year or more are required to provide their parents’ or legal guardians’ information.
Fees. Estimated tuition fees are between $4,763 and $15,119. Additional material and book fees may apply.
Financial Aid programs are also available to qualifying students.
- Automotive Collision Repair
- Automotive Service
- CAD- Building Information Modeling
- Computer Networking
- Geographic Information Systems
- Commercial/Residential HVAC and Refrigeration Technician
- Water Quality Management
- The College of Trades & Industry is located at 1205 Osage Street, Denver, CO 80204
- Website: https://www.emilygriffith.edu
6. HEALING ARTS INSTITUTE FORT COLLINS SCHOOL OF MASSAGE
Healing Arts Institute has been training massage therapists from all using the Body Insight Method™ since 1991.
The Fort Collins School teaches students the art of massage combined with good people and business skills.
The Healing Arts Institute is accredited by ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools).
The Institute is approved by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools.
The instructors at Healing Arts Institute are all practicing massage or bodywork therapists who teach part-time.
Most are graduates of the Healing Arts Institute.
Enrollment. Applicants can register for classes at the Healing Arts Institute business office.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma or GED.
Prospective students must demonstrate emotional stability and be physically able to perform massage manipulations taught in the program.
Fees. Tuition fees are between $1,500 and $9,975, depending on the program.
Elective classes cost around $140-$160 each.
Financial aid options are available to eligible students.
- Massage Therapy
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation
- Additional Elective Classes: Thai Massage, Shiatsu, Lomi Lomi, Aromatherapy Lymphatic Massage, Aromatherapy Blending, Seaweed Masque and Salt Glo Treatment and Hot Stone Massage
- The Institute is located at 4007 Automation Way, Fort Collins, CO 80525
- Phone: (970) 223-9741
- Website: https://hai-colo.com
7. RECORDING CONNECTION AUDIO INSTITUTE
Recording Connection in Denver offers programs for those who want to start producing musical tracks, learn how to record a band, start their career as an audio engineer or learn how to be a Live DJ.
From day one, students work as an extern in a real-world studio, getting mentored by an industry professional.
In this way, students learn one-on-one from someone who has been there and done it all before.
Tutoring is available to students for the entire time they are enrolled in the program.
Personal, hands-on lab time is built into the program.
Students will have plenty of access to the latest and best equipment available.
Enrollment. Prospective students can apply online.
Fees. Total tuition costs are between $12,860 and $16,220, depending on the program.
Financing solutions are also available to qualifying students.
- Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Advance Audio Program
- Hip Hop/Beat Making
- Live Sound/Live Music
- Electronic Music- Logic Pro
- Electronic Music- Ableton
- Music Producing
- Live DJ
- Music Business
- Denver Recording Connection Audio Institute is located at 3156 West 38th Avenue
Denver, CO 80211
- Phone: 800-755-7597
- Website: https://www.recordingconnection.com/school-locations/denver
8. BARNETT BICYCLE INSTITUTE
Barnett Bicycle Institute (BBI) aims to provide a professional-grade technical education into bicycle mechanics.
At BBI students receive professional-grade technical education that teaches them methodology and measurable, repeatable processes.
Barnett Bicycle Institute is approved and Regulated By The Colorado Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools.
Enrollment at BBI requires NBDA membership. If you are not already a member, individual memberships are available directly through BBI for $50.
Fees. Tuition fees vary depending on the program. Prices start from $129 to $1,494.35, depending on the program and the time of the year (summer or off-season).
Level 1 Certification Exam total tuition & fees are $200.
Level 2 Certification Exam total tuition & fees are $250.
- Bicycle Assembly & Maintenance
- Spoked Wheel Lacing
- Bicycle Repair & Overhaul
- Managing the Service Department
- Effective Sales of Service
- Suspension Service & Tuning
- Advanced Topics Series
- e-Bike Fundamentals
- BSE Level 1 Certification
- BSE Level 2 Certification
- Barnett Bicycle Institute is located at 2725 Ore Mill Rd #23, Colorado Springs CO 80904
- Phone: (719) 632-5173
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.bbinstitute.com
9. COLORADO SPRINGS SCHOOL OF MASSAGE
Colorado Springs School of Massage is a massage school approved and Regulated by the Colorado Department of Private Occupational Schools.
The school is offering massage education since 1982.
The school fosters an atmosphere of holistic healing for the students, the instructors, the staff, and student massage clients.
The 600-hour Massage Therapy Certification program helps students gain the knowledge and skills required to get licensed with the state of Colorado as Massage Therapists.
In order to get licensed, students must pass the course of study, pass the MBLEX National Exam, Pass a Colorado Background Investigation, and be approved by the Colorado State Department of Regulatory Agencies.
Enrollment. Prospective students can apply for admission online.
Fees. The application fee is $50. Tuition fee is $7,500. The tuition cost includes 6 months curriculum, all textbooks, manuals and worksheets, professional liability insurance while you are our student, enrollment in the ABMP Exam Coach and the initial issue of classroom supplies.
The school is offering 3 different payment plans.
MyCAA is also available for military dependents.
- Massage Therapy Certification Program
- The Colorado Springs School of Massage is located at 5729 Constitution Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80915
- Phone: (719) 310-9297
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.csschoolofmassage.com
10. LINCOLN COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Lincoln Tech Denver is training students from around the country for careers in the auto, diesel, collision repair, welding, and HVAC fields.
The Denver campus has trained workers for more than 55 years.
Lincoln Tech has partnerships with leading manufacturers in the automotive industry to help students expand their career possibilities.
The Lincoln Tech Denver is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment. Applicants must be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance.
Prospective students must be high school graduates or possess a state-approved high school equivalency assessment or possess an associate’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
Applicants must also achieve a passing score on the entrance assessment examination.
Fees. Tuition fees are between $18,200 and $39,341, depending on the program.
Financial aid is also available to those who qualify.
- Automotive Technology
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
- Diesel and Truck Technology
- Welding and Metal Fabrication Technology
- Automotive Service Management
- Diesel and Truck Service Management
- Automotive Technology with AUDI Education Partnership
- Diesel and Truck with Alternative Fuel Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Service Management
- The Denver college is located at 11194 E 45th Ave, Denver, CO 80239.
- Phone: 844-768-1270
- Website: https://www.lincolntech.edu
We hope the information included on the page will help you decide what trade school is best for you.