The Southern Institute of Technology is offering the premier John Wright International Sports Scholarships to international students who exhibit excellent sporting and academic ability. Up to 25 full and partial scholarships are offered in any one year to students. Both sporting and academic scholarships are offered for qualifications offered at SIT’s Invercargill campus.
Application Deadline: Open
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Bachelor Degree
Value of Awards: 20% tuition fee
Number of Awards: Up to 16
Students can also apply for a John Wright Scholarship in any other undergraduate programme provided that the programme is at least two years in duration.
To apply for a John Wright Scholarship, please complete the John Wright Scholarship Expression of Interest Form and provide relevant supporting evidence.
Applications for the John Wright Scholarship will be considered by the John Wright Scholarship Board at a time it determines. The final date to submit an application will be advised by the Scholarship Board and will close at least 15 days before the result day. Applications received after this date will automatically be considered in the next selection month.
Scholarship eligibility, terms and conditions
- The John Wright Scholarships are open to men and women from India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Applicants must be international students and have completed study to a level which meets the requirements for entry into the SIT programme they are applying for. Scholarships are available for programmes offered at SIT’s Invercargill campus.
- The Scholarships provide a partial or full contribution towards the tuition fee component of a student’s programme. Scholarship recipients must pay any remaining tuition fee amount and any associated costs such as the resource fee. Accommodation, travel and all other living expenses are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Recipients of the John Wright Sports Scholarships are required to volunteer time to a community sports-related activity and/or play for and represent Southland’s local and possibly regional sports teams during the relevant playing season. No additional financial contribution will be made to recipients for this contribution.
- Scholarships are provided for the first year of a student’s study only. Students can apply for scholarships in future years, but must note that any such scholarships are not guaranteed. In order to be eligible to apply for scholarships in future years, students must maintain a minimum of a B average in all their papers.
- Scholarship recipients must exhibit exemplary behaviour at all times, abide by the SIT Code of Conduct, any relevant laws and regulations and the conditions of the scholarship. Failure to do so may result in the removal of the ability to apply for future scholarships and/or termination of the scholarship. Scholarship recipients will be required to sign an agreement with SIT which confirms the terms and conditions of the particular scholarship they are on.
- Scholarship recipients must be available for marketing purposes for SIT.
- The Scholarships Board will select the best applicants in any one selection month. SIT reserves the right to not award all available scholarships if the Scholarships Board does not consider the applicants of sufficiently high calibre. Unfilled scholarship places may be shifted to future selection months in that academic year.
- An individual may apply for the Scholarship no more than three times. An individual may apply for only one type of scholarship at a time.
- John Wright Scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or promotional offer utilised by SIT. Decisions of the John Wright Scholarship Board are final and correspondence shall not be entered into.
- SIT reserves the right to alter the terms and the conditions of the John Wright Scholarship at any time without notice.
Application Process: Applicants must have to take admission in an undergraduate degree program at Southern Institute of Technology. When you get an enrollment at SIT, you can apply for the fund.
Visit The Official Website For More Information