Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship for African Students in Canada, 2020 Update.
Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship for African Students: HTAi is accepting applications for Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship to provide funding for individuals residing in African countries to further their knowledge of HTA.
The program objective is to have a positive impact on HTA capacity in African countries. details below;
Scholarship support is available for individuals attending or planning to attend an educational institution to undertake a defined program of study directly related to HTA or to individuals participating in an internship program through an HTA agency, Ministry of Health, or relevant NGO on a full-time basis.
Health Technology Assessment international (HTAi) is the global, non-profit, scientific and professional society for all those who produce, use or encounter health technology assessment (HTA). They represent 82 organizations and over 2,500 individual members from 65 countries around the world.
- Applications Deadline: Application Closed.
- Course Level: The scholarships are open to degree level students
- Study Subject: The scholarship is available in HTA or a closely related field
- Scholarship Award: A total of $20,000.00 CAD is available for the HTAi Scholarship Program each calendar year. Multi-year awards will be considered for exceptional applicants, up to a maximum of $20,000.00 CAD per year for two years. Recipients who are awarded funding for a single year at a time are welcome to submit a separate application the following year for subsequent scholarship support.
- Upon the awarding of the scholarship, the individual recipient will also receive a complimentary 1-year HTAi membership, and be invited to join the HTA in Developing Countries Interest Group.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all African countries.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply for HTAi Scholarship, an individual applicant must:
- Be a current student at an educational institution or employed by a health sector organization in Africa.
- Be registered or accepted for registration in a qualifying educational or fellowship program in HTA or in a closely related field, or have been accepted for an internship with an HTA body, other public sector bodies, or NGO.
- Agree to complete the educational/fellowship/internship program for which the scholarship is sought.
- Agree to attend the HTAi Annual Meeting the June following the completion of the educational/fellowship/internship program to present a short report of the research undertaken and/or the experience gained through the program. Funding support for economy travel and accommodation costs will be provided by the HTAi for participation in this event.
- Attest that he/she intends upon completion of the program to apply to the best of their ability the knowledge and skills gained towards the advancement of HTA in Africa.
- Preference may be given to applicants from low-income African countries (as defined by the World Bank) and to applicants who have a clearly demonstrated employment position, research or other opportunities in the field of HTA in their country of origin or other African countries after program completion.
Applications are to be completed jointly by the individual participant and representative of the organizational sponsor. All application packages are to include the following:
- The HTAi Scholarship application form completed and signed by both the representative of the organizational sponsor and the individual applicant.
- Letter of support from the organizational sponsor representative on organization letterhead.
- Written confirmation of acceptance/registration of the individual applicant from the institution or organization offering the educational, fellowship or internship program.
- Documentation demonstrating the program costs and other eligible expenses (see below), with original receipts included wherever possible.
Your completed application form along with all requested additional documentation are to be sent via email, fax or letter mail to- HTAi Scholarship Programs – Applications HTAi Secretariat 1200, 10405 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5J 3N4 Fax: (+1) 780-448-0018 Email: email@example.com