There are also wonderful scholarships you can get to study engineering as an Indian Engineering Student. One such scholarship is the Abdul Kalam National Scholarships which is administered by The India National Academy of Engineering (INAE) Research Fellowship.
Let’s show you how to apply for and win the INAE research fellowship in India. For a clearer understanding, go through the table of contents below.
About the INAE Fellowship
The INAE Research Fellowship in India 2021-2022 is ongoing, interested applicants can read through for eligibility and how to apply.
The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) announce the awarding of the INAE-SERB, DST Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship. Indian nationals can apply for this scholarship program.
The India National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam National Scholarships to technological innovation to renowned engineers to recognize, promote and support translational research led by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation, and technological development.
Founded in 1987, the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) brings together the most renowned Indian engineers, engineer-scientists, and technologists covering all engineering disciplines.
It also plays a leading role in promoting technology and related technologies. Science and disciplines in India and their application to problems of national importance.
Level/Field of Study
The Indian National Academy of Engineering Scholarships is available for research purposes.
Subject: The INAE fellowships are awarded in all areas of engineering, innovation and technology are covered by this scholarship.
The INAE summer internship is organized and taken in India. There are other Indian Scholarships available for International students in 2021. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2021 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
Indian nationals can enroll in this INAE fellowship program
- The amount of the scholarship is Rs. 25,000 per month, in addition to regular income.
- The research grant is Rs 15.00 per year and can be used for research and innovation activities in engineering, including the recruitment of workers, consumables, national and international travel for research, product chemicals, equipment, etc.
- The host institute will bear an expense of Rs. 1.00 lakh a year.
- The Fellow may regularly receive research grants as part of the non-university and other research programs of various government agencies of the Government of India.
- The scholarship is taxable according to the IT rules of the Indian government.
Number of Scholarships
A maximum of 10 scholarships will be awarded per year.
Eligibility for INAE summer internship 2021
For a candidate to be eligible for the grant, the following criteria must be met:
- The scheme applies to Indian nationals exercising various functions of the engineering profession in publicly funded institutions in India.
- The candidate must have sufficient professional qualification and at least a bachelor’s degree.
- This candidate must have at least five (5) years of service in the parent organizations at the time of the award.
- The candidate must not have another scholarship and, in case of selection, he will only have to choose one of the scholarships.
How to Apply for INAE summer internship 2021
Heads of institutions/ organizations will send nominations, the Presidents/members of the National Academies of Science and Engineering, the SS Bhatnagar laureates and the JC Bose laureates.
INAE summer internship 2021 Application Deadline
Submission of applications goes on all through the year.