Women’s rights groups have heavily protested against the treatment of the girl-child when it comes to education. Today, some countries of the world still practice a system that prevents women from going to school. While they are doing this, the Hatfield Lioness funding for Women from Developing Countries at the University of Durham, UK is encouraging more women to get an education through scholarship.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2021 is available now for Female Masters Students. The purpose of this Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to allow women students in the developing country where accessibility to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
So, in order to apply for this Hatfield Lioness Scholarships for Masters students, we are making the process easy for you. On every page of the article, you will find all the necessary information you need to apply for this scholarship. So I will advise you to follow and adhere to the instructions below.
About the Sponsor: University of Durham
The college was originally called Bishop Hatfield’s Hall and is named after Thomas Hatfield, Prince-Bishop of Durham from 1345 to 1381. The college’s founder pioneered the idea of catered residences for students which would later evolve to the now common practice of student residences.
Hatfield College occupies a large site above the River Wear on North Bailey and close to Durham Cathedral on the World Heritage Site peninsula. The buildings are an eclectic blend of 17th-century halls, early Victorian buildings, and major additions during the last century
Hatfield College intends to award the Lioness Scholarship into an individual with the personal and academic qualities to allow them to finish and benefit from a postsecondary training course. Also, that can even work as a constructive ambassador to his or her property country in Durham. Which will equally put their enhanced knowledge and techniques gained by the master’s program and also experience within Durham to use for the sake of society whenever they come back home.
About the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
The objective of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to allow a student from a developing country where access to higher education is limited to benefit from postgraduate studies at Durham University.
Basically, the scholarship was established as part of the 30-year celebration of female students at Hatfield College, Durham University. And the scholarship is funded by graduates, friends of the university, and other sources that support the objectives of the scholarship.
Hatfield College aims to grant the Lioness scholarship to a person who has the academic and personal qualities that allow him to follow and benefit from a postgraduate course. And those who will also act as a positive ambassador for his home country Durham.
Also, it will put his knowledge and skills acquired as part of the Durham masters and experience program for proper use for the benefit of your company upon your return to the country.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Worth
Based on the aim of the University of Durham, they have made the scholarship worth worthwhile. And this scholarship is for one academic year.
For this reason, the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- The Scholarship will not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants will not get accommodation.
What is the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Program. Applicants must:
- have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s program by the end of May 2021.
- not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- maintain a relevant honors level of an adequate standard to be confessed into a preferred Master class;
- along with possessing the Other course entrance requirements such as the applicable English language eligibility;
- Not have the monetary means to research for a Master’s level in the United Kingdom
For you to even gain this scholarship with ease, there is a certain requirement that is very essential to have. Applicants should:
- hold a relevant honors degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
How to Apply for Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
This page of this article aims to show you the right way on how to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship program. And it is necessary to know that applications will be considered on academic merit, personal qualities and the fit with the chosen degree program to the candidate’s aims.
Hence to apply for this scholarship, there are two stages to that. Follow the instruction diligently and you will stand to gain this scholarship.
Stage 1: An academic application for your chosen master’s program; within this application, you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Please forward your academic offer letter to email@example.com when you receive it from the University.
Stage 2: Send an application for the Scholarship on this Application form
For more information click on the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Application Deadline
Candidates will get to hear the outcome of their application