Grants and Scholarships > Center for Languages and Cultures > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences

[adace-ad id="3134"]

Critical Languages ​​Scholarship (CLS) Program

Full scholarships for US undergraduate and graduate students to participate in CLS-sponsored overseas summer study programs in languages ​​considered critical to the interests of the United States. Funded by the US Department of State.

[adace-ad id="3134"]

Boren Scholarships and Fellowships

Funding US undergraduate students to study less common languages ​​in regions of the world that are critical to US interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Boren fellowships are available to graduate students. US citizenship required.

[adace-ad id="3134"]

Benjamin A. Program Gilman International Scholarship

Scholarship for fall, spring, summer or academic year of study abroad and internship programs for eligible undergraduate students to the Pell Grant Program. Students may apply for a supplemental Critical Needs Language Award to support the study of a critically needed language while abroad in a country where that language is predominantly spoken. US citizenship required.

Fulbright Program for American Students

The Fulbright Student Program in the United States offers scholarships for the academic year for individually designed study/research projects or for English Language Teaching Assistant programs outside the United States. The Fulbright Program for American Students awards more than 2,200 scholarships annually in all fields of study, and operates in more than 140 countries. Since its inception, the program has strengthened bilateral relations in which citizens and governments of other countries work for mutual understanding.

Blackmore Freeman Fellowships

The Blakemore Freeman Fellowships are awarded for advanced level language study in East or Southeast Asia.

The Foundation for Bridges between the United States and Japan

Undergraduate students majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply for the Bridging Scholarships. Studying the Japanese language is not a prerequisite. Applicants must be citizens of the United States and must be enrolled as undergraduate students at a college or university in the United States before and during their period of study abroad. Their studies in Japan must last at least 3 months and they must earn credit that will transfer to their US campus.


[adace-ad id="3134"]

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar