The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) COVID-19 prevention protocols and resumption guidelines for students.
The management of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) has released the COVID-19 prevention protocols and resumption guidelines for all students of the institution.
FUTA Resumption Date & Covid-19 guideline
All students are to note the following guidelines for resumption:
- University Hostels will be opened to accommodate students as from Monday 18th January 2021. No student will be allowed into the hostels earlier than that date.
- Hand washing materials will be provided at strategic points within the campus, and students should wash their hands at regular intervals.
- Students are to ensure strict compliance with Covid-19 protocols by putting on their facemasks within and outside the University premises, and in this regard, each student is to have at least five (5) sets of washable facemasks.
- Each student is to come with hand sanitiser, which should be in his/her possession at all times and be used at intervals.
- Students are to ensure social distancing by avoiding handshaking, hugging and all forms of massing together in and around the campus.
- Students should avoid overcrowded areas such as Football Viewing and Worship Centres, especially when such places disregard appropriate COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All students are to ensure the wearing of ID cards with lineyards for easy identification at all times.
- No visitor is allowed into the University hostels till further notice.
- Common and Reading Rooms in the hostels remain closed till further notice.
- No party /gathering of any kind will be allowed in the University.
- The number of passengers on-campus shuttles has been reduced. It is compulsory for students to put on their facemasks while riding on shuttle buses.
- Students residing off-campus are to ensure compliance with the Covid-19 Prevention Protocols as well.
- In case of emergency, contact the Health Centre (08034741840, 08060265573, 09037038195) or Student Affairs (08033503320, 08034729164, 08035856299) or Ondo State Hotlines: 0700COVID19 (07002684319), 0701COVID19 (07012684319), 0800COVID19 (08002684319).
Personal responsibility is the key to safety, wishing you a hitch-free resumption.
Prof. Gbenga E. ONIBI
Dean of Students