COVID-19: N.B. reports 1 death, 40 new cases as active total drops – New Brunswick

[adace-ad id="3134"]

New Brunswick reported one new death from COVID-19 and 40 new cases on Tuesday.

The county said in a statement that a person in his 80s in the Campbellton area had died.

[adace-ad id="3134"]

Of the new cases, 27 were unvaccinated and 13 were fully vaccinated.

Read more:

[adace-ad id="3134"]

COVID-19: Public Health NB identifies ‘priority kits’ for PCR testing due to strike

There are 24 people in hospital, including 14 who have not been vaccinated, one who has been partially vaccinated and nine who have been fully vaccinated. Of the 14 people in intensive care, 10 are unvaccinated, one partially vaccinated, and three fully vaccinated.

With 74 new cases recovered, there are now 470 active cases.

According to the county, 85.2 percent of eligible New Brunswick residents have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and 92.7 percent have received their first dose.

The story continues below the ad

CUPE Blow

The county continues to say that the ongoing CUPE strike is affecting some areas of the COVID-19 response.

“Some provincial health authority vaccination clinics and COVID-19 screening at assessment centers had to be canceled or rescheduled,” she said.

“At this time, the provincial health authority vaccination clinics only accept people with scheduled appointments and cannot accommodate appointments without prior reservation. People are asked to be patient with staff and anticipate delays.”

Read more:

Thousands of protesters gather in the NB legislature to support striking public sector workers

It also said that some of the Horizon Health Network and Vitalité Health Network’s and Vitalité Health Network’s and Vitalité Health Network’s mobile rapid scan tool capture sites have been cancelled. A full list of available sites can be found here.

She said four priority groups for PCR testing are now being considered:

  • Those who work and live in high-risk settings, such as a hospital, long-term care facility, or shelter;
  • those prioritized by a medical health officer;
  • anyone showing symptoms, with priority given to those who have not been vaccinated; And
  • Testing required for travel, although there is no guarantee of a 72-hour turnaround for test results.

new cases

There are 14 new cases in District 1, the Moncton area. They include:

The story continues below the ad

  • seven people 19 years or younger;
  • person 20-29;
  • four people 30-39;
  • person 40-49; And
  • Someone 70-79.

Ten cases are still under investigation and four cases have been in contact with previously confirmed cases.

The nine new cases in District 2, Saint John’s, include:

  • a person 19 years of age or younger;
  • three people 30-39;
  • person 40-49;
  • two people 50-59;
  • person 60-69; And
  • Someone 70-79.

Six cases are still under investigation and three cases were in contact with previously confirmed cases.

There are two new cases in District 3, the Fredericton District, that include:

  • person 50-59; And
  • Person 60-69.

One case is under investigation and the other is a connection to a previously confirmed case.

The three new cases in District 4, the Edmundston area, include:

  • two people 50-59; And
  • Person 60-69.

Two cases are in contact with previously confirmed cases and the other is under investigation.

There are 12 new cases in Zone 7 of Miramichi, which include:

  • a person 19 years of age or younger;
  • two people 20-29;
  • three people 30-39;
  • four people 40-49;
  • person 50-59; And
  • Person 60-69.

Ten cases are still under investigation and two are in contact with previously confirmed cases.

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

.

[adace-ad id="3134"]

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar