FG BEA Scholarship for 2020/2021 has commenced — Applications are invited from interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad. The deadline for submission of applications is 6th December, 2019
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!’
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Fields of Study.
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agiculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Arhitecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Criteria & Eligibility.
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019,
- Complete the application form online,
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to the completed Application Form on education.gov.ng.
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
- The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship CBT Test Venues.
2020/2021 FSB COMPUTER BASED TEST VENUES
|1.||NORTH – WEST||SOKOTO
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
NOTICE: During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very dose to them;
- Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Nigerian Award;
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
For furtherTechnical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Candidates are advised to choose a Centre very dose to them.
How to Apply for Federal Government BEA Scholarship.
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
The registration portal will be closed on Friday 6th December 2019 by 11:59 PM.